Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Seize The Day....

can still remember sitting in the Northridge High School parking lot the morning of the NLC Sectionals for baseball my senior year. Odd thing was, I wasn't even playing but I was there...and there for a reason. You see baseball was and still is (in the version of softball) a big part of my life. At one point in time it was all I desired to be and not to toot my own horn had a serious chance of putting me through college and hopefully some years chasing the dream after...

...but it didn't work out that way. Between my tendon in my shoulder deciding to take a break...and experiencing one of the most unhealthy coach-player relationships I've had...I pulled out of baseball before my senior year. It wasn't easy. As a matter of fact it was one of the single most difficult decisions I've ever made in my life, and while I accept it as the right decision it will never be one I'm completely at peace with.

So that's why I found myself patiently waiting for one of my past team mates and friends to arrive in the parking lot...I had a letter for them before their game.

It wasn't anything amazing...or Herb Brooks type material but it spoke of a truth I wanted each and every one of them to understand. I don't remember exactly how it all went but I remember it involved laying out the fact that every single time they step in the box...or take the field...or look down to coach for a sign is the last time that moment will happen. Never again will they be in the box with a 2-2 count in the 4th with a man on 2nd and 2 outs in that exact game. Never again will they take their lead in the bottom of the 6th with 1 out and they're the tying run. Never again will they run onto the field in their last game of their high school career. Those moments will come and go...so seize each and every one of them and squeeze out of them every drip of emotion.

So as the first one arrived I gave it to him (he was a senior) and said to read it and share it with the others...I said good luck and than left.
Original source: HERE
Every single moment is precious and worthy of being seized; for you never know when baseball or anything else will be over for you....which is why every single moment must not be taken for granted!

ife is no different. We take on each day differently than the day prior, for we are not the same person as we were the day prior. Moments have passed and new moments are coming....it is how we face each and every moment that molds us into the person we are each day as we roll out of bed. Set to face more...moments.


The question you must answer is how you will treat these moments? Will you let them begin to mold you into the man, the woman or child of God that you desire and were designed to be?

Or will this world continue to swallow you up in its lies and pleasures? If you are not careful your moments to achieve the true you will slip through your fingers faster than the granules of sand running through your fingers while you try to grasp a handful at a beach...

Link to original source: HERE
I've heard numerous times some say they've just not had the chance...or the opportunity...or the moment to do, be or become something better.

However, what if that moment you've thought you got cheated out of was eliminated by a prior moment and the decision made during it?

What if that moment depended upon the moment just minutes prior...to which you didn't grasp and do the most with? Or...the right thing with?

God designed us to chase that perfect "you". One which loves as He designed us to, one which cares as He designed us to...and one who trusts as He designed us to. In order to do that though we must do our part. We must seize EACH AND EVERY DAY OF OUR LIVES....EACH AND EVERY HOUR OF OUR LIVES....EACH AND EVERY MINUTE OF OUR LIVES.

Not because we only live once (YOLO is a lie!)....but because we will live twice. You see we chase each moment like it is our last because we are looking towards the bigger prize which He has promised....

...that moment when we open our eyes and we get to see His face, His place...His kingdom. It is that moment which we strive towards, but know there are hundred thousands countless moments that must occur before that one.

The question is will your moments today direct, show and push you towards that moment?

It takes but one second for DEATH to hit...don't let the moment prior dictate where death takes you...


So where my travelers who journey through the distant night

Raise your glasses to the sky...let it glisten bright

And if we die tonight...least we fly tonight
Know that we seize n' every moment for that bigger prize

Carpe Diem
By: Spoken
feat. Skrip & Remus

Source: HERE

No comments: